JM & JA Gardner Associates
Consulting Electrical Engineers
PO Box 2178 Carlingford Court NSW Australia 2118
Tel: (02) 9 801 2320
Fax: (02) 9 801 2321
Mobile: (0418) 480 756
ABN 37 260 437 892
resumé in pdf format(30k)
John M. Gardner Electrical Engineer
Date of Birth: 19th October 1949
Qualifications and Affiliations
· BSc (Eng.) Electrical, University of New South Wales, 1978
· Electronics & Communications Certificate, North Sydney TAFE, 1971
· Licensed Electrical Contractor, NSW
· Member, Institution of Engineers (Aust)
· Life Member, University of New South Wales Union
· Member, Fire Investigators Association (NSW)
· Certificate of Attainment, Fire Investigation Course - Charles Sturt University, 2003
· Completed Graduate Certificate in Fire Investigation - Charles Sturt University, 2004.
Twenty five years professional experience in electrical engineering including the following:-
· investigations, inspections and reporting on building electrical installations and associated systems.
· detailed design and documentation of electrical services for new and refurbished buildings.
· experience in medical technology and electronic security systems.
· investigations into the origin and cause of electrically related fires in buildings, machinery, appliances and motor vehicles, and preparation of expert witness reports.
Has held an electrical contractors license for 24 years.
Established his own practice (JM&JA Gardner Associates) in 1994, after spending the previous six years with a number of major consulting engineering firms.
Commenced professional career with NSW Public Works Department and Department of Housing & Construction. Prior to graduation worked for eleven years as technician, technical officer and instructor in the communications industry with OTC and AWA.
Over the past five years has carried out more than one hundred investigations into electrical causes of fires in buildings, motor vehicles, equipment and appliances, both independently and in association with other forensic investigators.
Has also investigated causes of electrical failures in machinery, plant and power distribution equipment, and, provided professional opinion on personal injury matters related to electrical installations.
Successfully completed the Graduate Certificate in Fire investigation course at Charles Sturt University, has achieved Certificate of Attainment in the Practical Fire Investigation section.
Ongoing training and professional development includes regular attendance at local and interstate conferences and training workshops organised by the Association of Fire Investigators (NSW). Has assisted with and conducted presentations on electrical causes of fires for fire brigade, police and insurance personnel.
Post graduate Career Outline (from 1978)
1978 to 1994
Employed on staff as senior electrical engineer, electrical services design and documentation of major projects for:-
· NSW Dept. of Public Works - Government Architects Branch
· Commonwealth Dept. of Housing & Construction - electronic security & surveillance systems.
· Lincolne Scott Australia Pty. Ltd
· Addicoat Hogarth Wilson Pty. Ltd.
· Toni Mury Associates
Self employed electrical engineer specialising in building electrical services design and documentation for major retail, commercial, recreational and health care facilities and Consultant to:-
· Norman Disney & Young Consulting Engineers
· Adamus Consulting Practice
· Connell Wagner Pty Ltd
Was part Time TAFE teacher in electronics and communications systems for Advanced Certificate and Associate Diploma Courses at North Sydney TAFE.
Commenced investigations into electrically related fires in buildings and appliances in 1998 in association with T.C Forensic Pty Ltd. (Forensic and Scientific Services), whilst maintaining an independent consulting practice.
Currently involved in numerous fire investigations, and also major equipment and machinery failures for the insurance and legal industry.